Learn the Pros and Cons of Microsoft’s biggest competitor.
PowerPoint: This software is synonymous with ‘presentations.’ and is part of Microsoft’s office suite. It is used widely by professionals all over the world.
- PowerPoint’s best feature is its usability. It’s also been around for much longer than keynote, and hence is the more popular and usable option.
- There are tons of effects that can be added into PowerPoint to make it look professional or formal or simple for different purposes.
- Adding multimedia, clipart, images and illustrations is not a complicated process.
- Moreover it is compatible and works on iOS Mac and Windows.
- It can also be exported to YouTube easily.
- Its bullet points and format are ideal for slides with a lot of text.
- A PowerPoint presentation on the Mac iOS software appears to be of a lower quality.
- Its designs are not functional, the themes and templates may look outdated.
- The surplus of features can be overwhelming and may cause a distraction from your main topic
Keynote: Apple’s competitor software known for its design expertise and ease of use.
- This software is easy to use for iOS users.
- It is user friendly for beginners and experts alike
- It has a more eye-catching design and also has better animations than PowerPoint.
- Its templates are more modernized and sleek.
- Its transition effects and animations are fantastic.
- The slides integrate well with other apple products like the iPad and iPhone models.
- It is not versatile or compatible with Windows or Microsoft. Even though the export of slides is an option, it may not be exported in the same format which can be frustrating
- Switching from PowerPoint to keynote can also be a problem as familiarising yourself with the tools takes time.