Bold text is trending and here’s why you need to dump the tiny text
- Using larger and bolder fonts emphasise content over aesthetic
- Simple looking and legible text is eye catching and appreciated by the audience
- Increases legibility
- Bold fonts encourage the audience to pay more attention to your slides
- Boldfonts are used for emphasis to make certain words and phrases stand out
- Contrasting headlines and subtexts of different sizes attracts attention to the screen
- Bold text can establish a typographic hierarchy that conveys relative ranking of information.
- Bold weights of type can easily establish priority. Typographic hierarchy is about creating different levels of importance through typeface choice and text arrangement.
- Bold type is more commanding than italics or a point size change. Because it does stand out, however, too much bold type on a page can be distracting and even disruptive to the reading process.